Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 11:10:06 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hm@altona.hamburg.com, fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN devices supported?

>From the keyboard of Terry Lambert:

> Is there a NetWare server ODI CAPI driver for the card?

No.

There does exist a Netware server CAPI specification in the CAPI Version 2.0
specification (pp. 167), where is also a reference to a Novell specification
"Netware CAPI Manager and CAPI Driver Specification". It seems to be an NLM.

I have not seen such an NLM yet, it is normally part of separate products
(like the AVM multiprotocol router).

> How about a 32 bit NDIS CAPI driver for the card?

No.

And no for almost any card i know of. They simply supply you with a CAPI
because almost every (ISDN-aware) application (data/telephone/cept/
X.25/video) speaks CAPI and _not_ NDIS or ODI.

Also available are NDIS interfaces to CAPI, but the CAPI still runs in
real mode.

There are packet driver to CAPI TSR's available, i.e. to let an application
like pcroute or nos talk to an ethernet and an ISDN board.

All this just runs in real mode.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe