Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:22:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org (Wolfgang Zenker)
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>, gnats-admin@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/33311: mozilla+ipv6 0.9.7,1 unusable, profile folder not found

Hello,

> [..]
> Can you send me the output of pkg_info?  I want to try and reproduce this
> on one of my build machines.  Also, in case pkg_info doesn't show it, what
> version of XFree are you using?  Thanks.

I'll send you pkg_info output off-list as this is probably not of general
interest. I'm using XFree86-4.1.0_11 from ports.

Got a bit more info in the meantime: I removed my complete ports object
tree (WRKDIRPREFIX in make.conf) and built mozilla+ipv6 again. Now the
behaviour is identical to the mozilla port: if started without options
it terminates after half a second without visible output. However, I found
that when started without an existing ~.mozilla/ that directory is created
and in there a 468 byte binary file "appreg". If the directory already
exists, that file is touched, but not modified. truss shows some strange
things like opening its own binary or trying by consecutive stat()-calls
to find which of /bin/type, /sbin/which, /bin/which etc. are installed
or near the end a stat("",0xbfbff1f8).

Wolfgang