Date:      23 Jun 2000 19:22:07 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Still no network ...

I haven't been able to get a network up on this Toshiba 4005 with
Netgear FX 410 so can't do a network install.

Moved the basic install files to dos partition and installed from
there (version 4.0-RELEASE.

After reading posts here I guess I should reinstall from Recent STABLE
snapshots.  OK fine.

But in the  mean time I thought I'd work with what I have for a while
to familiarize myself.

I tried to move selected files from the distro */packages*/ to the dos
partion in places where BSD expects them in the distro along with the
INDEX file.  Still can't add packages with /stand/sysinstall/`install
from existing file system'.

I thought maybe I could get /usr/ports to do the job so entering
/usr/ports/shells/bash1  I moved the bash1*tgz to
/usr/ports/shells/bash1/pkg/

and said `make'  The ports tools don't see the file there and try to
ftp to a server which of course breaks since ..no network.

Where do the ports tools expect to find the package? It does report
that it looked and didn't find the package .... so where does it
look.  I'll put the package there.