Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 2014 17:54:10 +0100
From:      Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD with Win7 and UEFI

Hi everyone!

For the first time, I am trying to get FreeBSD to run on a machine with
UEFI. Thought I might go modern. :-)

This time I installed Windows 7 first. However, I did not find any step
during installation where I could install a boot manager to choose if I
wanted to run Windows or FreeBSD. Currently, the only way I can choose
the OS now is to use the Mobos EFI boot manager, which of course is not
the way I want to go.

It seems that I am walking on pretty much untouched soil here. There is
no mention of a boot manager in the Handbook and even a searchengine
doesn't find anything useful if UEFI is part of the search criteria.

Is what I am trying to do really that exotic? What do I have to look out
for?

Best regards,
Chris