Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:56:13 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux moves to per CPU run queues

At 6:01 PM -0800 1/9/02, Terry Lambert wrote:
>As I have been suggesting for FreeBSD for some time, Linux has
>just moved to per CPU run queues to reduce scheduler contention
>and to improve affinity.
>
>http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0201.0/0810.html
>
>-- Terry

Well, it's still in the testing stage, it's not like the switch
has "gone production" yet.

It does look very interesting, and it will be good to keep track
of how well it performs as more people beat on it.  There clearly
seemed to be a lot of interest for this change in the above
mailing list.  There seem to be several "doubters" in the list,
so I'm sure they'll come up with several different ways to
benchmark the results.

Always good to have a little competition in the world of ideas...