Date:      Tue, 4 May 2010 12:24:16 +0400
From:      Antonio Kless <antoniok.spb@gmail.com>
To:        n dhert <ndhertbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php5-5.3.2 to php52-5.2.13

You need to update your ports (portsnap fetch update for example), deinstall
your lang/php5 and lang/php5-extensions and install lang/php52 and
lang/php52-extensions ports.

You also may just portdowngrade your lang/php5, but (according to my own
expirience) it would be much more difficult.

2010/5/4 n dhert <ndhertbsd@gmail.com>

> A few weeks ago, freebsd switched to php5-5.3.2 instead of php5-5.2.9.
> I see there is now also php52-5.2.13 and pgp52-extensions-1.3 in ports/lang
> Can one switch back to 5.2.13 when 5.3.2 is already installed and packages
> that depend on PHP
> are already compiled with php5-5.3.2
> I'v never used portdowngrade? How to do it?
>
> But, what if you upgrade other packages that have in their dependencies
> php5-5.3.2 ?
> Will this not reinstall the 5.3.2. version again, again removing 5.2.x ?

Best regards,
Antonio Kless,
http://kless.spb.ru/