Date:      24 Aug 1999 15:33:20 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, current@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: whither readline.h?

 * From: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>

 * I think using bsd.subdir.mk is an error if there is anything more to
 * be done than traversing subdirs.  bsd.subdir.mk is mainly for optimising
 * this special case.
 *
 * Using bsd.lib.mk would be bogus since there are no libraries to be made,
 * and in fact it seems to be broken (it attempts to handle "lib.a").
 *
 * bsd.prog.mk is supposed to be usable here and seems to work right for
 * normal builds.  We use it routinely in similar (but more top heavy)
 * setups elsewhere.

Ok, can someone with a release build setup try this?  Or should I just
take Bruce's word and commit the bsd.subdir.mk -> bsd.prog.mk change
to /usr/src/gnu/lib/libreadline/Makefile ?

Satoshi