Date:      26 Aug 1998 23:59:01 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        "Susan R. O'Brien" <srobrien@mss.lucent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Y2K problem

"Susan R. O'Brien" <srobrien@mss.lucent.com> writes:
> I'm using 2.2.5 and was looking at the source code for localtime and
> asctime.  They're using a #define TM_YEAR_BASE 1900.
>
> This looks to be a bit of a problem for Y2K compliancy!

No. Read the man page.

FWIW, FreeBSD does have Y2K problems. Grep (glimpse) the source tree
for calls to localtime(3) and audit every bit of code that calls it.
I've read through date(1) and pax(1), and they both have problems (and
ugly kludges trying to work around these problems). BTW, most of the
date-related code in pax(1) looks cut'n'pasted from date(1).

Maybe we need an audit...

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no