Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:48:58 -0400
From:      Daniel Corbe <corbe@corbe.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   netmap, selective processing.

I hope this it the right place to ask questions about netmap.  I'm
toying with the idea of writing a netmap-based OSPF implementation
because bird's OSPF implementation isn't as good as its BGP
implementation, quagga doesn't scale well and openospfd doesn't compile
on 10-RELEASE or CURRENT.

But I'm only interested in selectively processing packets on the
netmap-enabled interface.  Is there a way to do this?  Or alternatively
if I throw the IF into netmap mode, can I process what I'm interested in
processing and then somehow throw the rest of the traffic back up to the
host's IP stack?