Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 1995 21:10:18 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robin Lunn <robin@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cant switch quotas on without machine hanging

Hi there,

We're running FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE.  We have a 250Mb IDE mounted as / (and
has /usr) and a 1Gb Seagate SCSI (run off an adaptec AHA-1542 controller)
which has swap and /home on it.

I have recompiled the kernel with options QUOTA on and unnecesary devices
removed.  I have set up quotas on each of the / and /home partitions with
edquota and entered the options userquota,groupquota in /etc/fstab.
About a minute after I quotaon -a the system hangs and has to be reset.

Any help/commentary appreciated.
--
_ __