Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 1996 02:34:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   a few things about mirroring www.freebsd.org

well... thanks for the pointer to nsgmls...

now a few things about building the darn thing....  this is just a few
things I noticed when I was building the thing...  if some one is
interested... I guess I could write something up about what is needed to
build the site from the cvs tree...  but here are my comments:

a) there are a few hard coded values, such as access_log and where analog
is install

b) the hard coded values don't even agree.. one place uses /home/www and
another place uses /usr/local/www

c) even though they are converting to nsgmls it still requires instant
from sgmls (the one included in freebsd)

d) building of ja_JP.EUC is broken, a little modification to the Makefile
fixes it...

c is minor as it just required a simple cvs co and compile...  but it was
slightly unexpected...  and yes I know about the plans to move over to
nsgmls...

other than that it didn't go that bad... if your interested in my patches
I'm willing to send them done the line...

and thanks for all the hardwork you guys have put into making this
possible... ttyl..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)