Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 20:29:45 +0000
From:      "Richard Lyon" <rlyon@oznet02.ozemail.com.au>
To:        rlyon@ozemail.com.au, Chris Linstruth <cjl@qnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD: SCSI hangs, panics and other failures as nntp

> Date:          Sat, 25 May 1996 06:02:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From:          Chris Linstruth <cjl@qnet.com>
> To:            rlyon@ozemail.com.au
> Cc:            freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
> Subject:       Re: FreeBSD: SCSI hangs, panics and other failures as nntp serv

> Are you processing 200000 Usenet articles a day?  And supporting
> readers?
>
> I'm certain we wouldn't be seeing any problems if the load wasn't
> so stressful.  At least not as often.
>
> It's not that the system doesn't run.  It's been up almost 4 days on
> this boot.  A crash is inevitable though.

I am using my FSB box for development work. The most strenuous activity
would be the compile/link cycle. This is not quite in the same league
as a heavily loaded news server. Sorry, but I gained the impression that there
problems in trying to just get the basic machine up and running.

The 1542 is ISA based, which is going to be a potential limitation.
Sound like a fist full of dollars is the solution.

Regards Richard ...