Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 13:42:15 -0400
From:      Dayton Clark <dayton@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM Server 720

Folks,

I am looking for a multiprocessor PC for some SMP research, probably
using FreeBSD as I have it on several other machines in the lab.  The
IBM Server 720 w/4 CPU's looks interesting, at least on paper (I have
yet to get a quote from someone, literature but no quotes).  I have a
few questions.

  o Does anyone have experience with the IBM 720?

  o I assume that it is enough of a PC to support FreeBSD on a single
    processor, correct?

  o Is there any reason the current FreeBSD smp system wouldn't work
    (or nearly work) on it?

  o Any recommendations on other systems to consider?  Most that I see
    are dual systems and I'm interested in more than 2 processors.

Thanks a bundle.

dayton

 Dayton Clark
 CIS Department                 dayton@brooklyn.cuny.edu
 Brooklyn College/CUNY          1-718-951-4811
 Brooklyn, New York  11210      1-718-951-4842 (fax)