Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 23:28:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Troubles compiling kernel with GUS support.

	I have purchased a Gravs Ultrasound card, and am trying to get it
	working under FreeBSD. I downlaoded the guspnp6.tar.gz file unpacked it
	and edited the config file. Then I tried to compile a new kernel.
	Unfortunately I got the error "Can;t find include file midi_synth.h"

	This is strange because there is such a file in
	/sys/config/i386/isa/sound. Could this be an include path probelm?
	I am curiosu as to why the instructions say to work from /sys,when I
	usally build a kernel from /usr/src/sys.

	Yes I am runing the 2.2 BEAT release, having just upgraded. Upgrading
	involved building a kernel so I know that can be done.

	I would appreciate some help on this.

	One more question their is some mention in the notes about needing to
	have more than standrad on card memory on the GUS. Is this required?
	If so how much do I need? Also can I use 70NS 30 pins SIMS that I have
	left over? Or do I have to but 60NS units.

	Looking foward to having sound working on my FreeBSD box.

	Thanks for the help.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems