Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 00:18:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley585.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CCD missing spl() call..

> There is also a off by one error in the handling of the
> partitions.  Credit goes to OpenBSD for these.  There are
> numerous other changes that would be worth integrating
> as well..

[Not just to you, but also to Terry and those others who still
 see some merit in submitting changes this way]

These would go best as PRs since stuff sent to the -current mailing
list often go into the bit-bucket.  Stuff sent to the PR database
often goes into the bit-bucket as well, admittedly but at least:

	A) It's easier to search the PR database than it is through
	   thousands of -current mails for the occasional forgotten
	   fix.

	B) There's an active PR-meister to handle the untended
	   PRs whereas noone is signed up to perform such a function
	   for the mailing lists.

	C) It's easier for me and others to close a PR and let the PR
	   system tell the submitter that it's been attended to than it is
	   for us to play cut-and-paste with email messages so that
	   the same function can be done manually.  Both of your
	   submitted fixes have been applied, thanks!

					Jordan