Date:      Sun, 6 Dec 1998 14:00:03 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Sam Pigg <sam@redbacknetworks.com>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tyan Thunder 100

Sam Pigg <sam@redbacknetworks.com> wrote:

> >>    I'm using the S1836DLUAN with two 450Mhz processors. It's been working
> >> fine.
> >
> >I can confirm. I'm using two 400Mhz processors. Onboard SCSI works
> >well, too.
>
> Are any of you using it with >512 megs of ram? I still cannot get it
> to function correctly with freebsd (still freezes, hangs etc).
> Works fine with windblows. Yes I've checked the simms in different combinations
> and even replaced all the memory. Any combination larger than 512M
> will not work with freebsd.

Unfortunately I don't have any plans to go over 256MB of memory,
because it's my personal workstation. Probably it's an overkill
already. Also I can't try because I don't have so much memory at
hand, sorry :-| I think that Tyan hardware is okay, but there is
some other mystery going on. YMMV 8-)

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee