Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 1999 01:12:41 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
Cc:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@unixhelp.org>, Janie Dykes <jkn33@pangeatech.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to start to be a hacker?

"G. Adam Stanislav" wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 06:11:08PM -0600, Wes Peters wrote:
> > Trust me, greenie, those of us who a FAR from 16 wish we weren't.  ;^)
>
> What, and miss the sixties??? Get back to your handbasket! :-)

Our experiences of the sixties were probably different.  I spent mine as a
dirt-poor "GI brat", the son of an American military man, watching my father
fly to far away lands to get maimed.  He was wounded in Tripoli when Qaddafi
took Libya from King Idris, and later in Thailand during the Khmer Rouge
reign of terror, sending young pilots to die at Thud Ridge.  We just wanted
him home safe.

We spent 1970 at Fort Benning, Ga.  We went to the commissary every Thursday,
and watched the fleet of chaplains cars coming and going, doing next of kin
notification.  That (and the space program) are what the sixties mean to me.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com