Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:24:54 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nicholas Wright <nick@ist.co.uk>
To:        shudoh@muraoka.info.waseda.ac.jp, drdavis@calderasystems.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java Workshop 3.0 under FreeBSD ?

> > Hi,
> >
> > > Re: Java Workshop 3.0:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately you cannot run Java Workshop 3.0 unless you have a port
> > > of JDK1.2 for FreeBSD.  I know that a variety of Java 2 Collection
> > > classes are used throughout the source code.  Because of that, it's
> > > likely a number of other 1.2 specific calls are used.
> FYI
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/19990924/tc/19990924212.html
>
> Darren

FY-Further-I - PCWeek updates the original article, that Yahoho has.

    http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2340371,00.html

Nicholas

P.S. It was the MD's idea to mention Linux - what could I do!?

Nicholas Wright        Imperial Software Technology       Software Engineer
Email : nick@ist.co.uk or support@ist.co.uk
Berkshire House                        120 Hawthorne Ave, #101
252 Kings Road                         Palo Alto
Reading RG1 4HP United Kingdom         California 94301 USA
Tel: +44 118 958 7055                  Tel: 650 688 0200
FAX: +44 118 958 9005                  FAX: 650 688 1054