Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:07:48 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        announce@freebsd.org
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   need co-workers for apsfilter, site hosting CVS serivces is available

Hi !

I'm pleased to announce, that I got a machine for apsfilter developement.

Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de> from my ISP
and the cosmo project
	http://www.cosmo-project.de/
made it available.

I want to form an apsfilter developer team and would like to invite you
to join the team. I want to make apsfilter the leading magic print filter
around in internet ;-) Good goal eh ?! ;-)

I think this step is a must now concerning other companies offering
things like printtool with a nice TCL/TK GUI (RedHat).

developement platform is a FreeBSD Alpha machine
	FreeBSD srv1.cosmo-project.de 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0:
		Fri Mar 24 10:19:31 CET 2000
		bernd@srv1.cosmo-project.de:/usr/src/sys/compile/SRV1  alpha
hosting the following services:
	- CVS repository (organized like ours)
	- anon cvs server
	- accounts (via ssh)
	- mailing lists (one closed for developers)
	- cvs repository browser (cvsweb, zeller version)
	  http://www.cosmo-project.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi?cvsroot=Apsfilter

Areas that need more work:
	- security (i.e.: let lpd input filter run under user privileges)
	- further code cleanup
	- TCL/TK based SETUP with printcap management
	- documentation
		- system documentation (manpages)
		- web documentation (sgml, www, ps)
	- mailing list archive
	- writing shell/perl admin scripts, that add/delete/modify
	  printer in printcap as tools that are later be needed for
	  TCL/TK GUIs. Maybe these tools can migrate later into FreeBSD
	  if there is interest (like pw(8)).
	- create a nice looking homepage (i'm really not an artist in
	  that ;-)

TODO list, see:
http://www.cosmo-project.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/apsfilter/TODO?rev=1.13&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=Apsfilter

--