Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 10:12:57 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        "FreeBSD Current Users' list" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SB AWE64 not recognised anymore

According to Szilveszter Adam:
> The only remaining issue this far has been that when the Linux RealPlayer
> starts playing a clip, it will always start-stop-start in the beginning and

Last time I started the RealPlayer7, it went fine but I'll have to test it
again as soon as I get my card back.

> So you are using pcm then... Well I only have
>
> device pcm
> device sbc

Same. I have been using that even in 4.0 for a long time.

> in my kernel config and no PNPBIOS option. (PnP OS set to "no" in the BIOS)

Same.

> Despite this, yesterday's kernel prints all sorts of "unknownX <PNPxxx> ....
> " lines which I only saw this far with people who had "options PNPBIOS" in
> their kernels. But it doesn't bother me much... I know that the SB 64 PnP

PNPBIOS is now a standard option :)

> (I have no other PnP devices so I am easy here.)

Same.

> The lines that matter come after that:-)

Mine used to generate the same lines.

> What does 'cat /dev/sndstat' say on your system?

Device non configured of course :-(
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 5.0-CURRENT #79: Sun May 28 01:27:10 CEST 2000