Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2000 09:43:59 +0100
From:      Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>
To:        Nick <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ACPI and Sony laptop

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 14:20:40 -0800, Nick wrote:
> I took the plunge. My Z505JE now runs -current.
>
> A couple of things I have observed: rebooting with other than
> ctrl-alt-del doesn't result in rc.shutdown being run, which means I have
> to whomp on the keyboard at the next reboot. Am I doing something wrong
> that 'shutdown' and 'reboot' don't run rc.shutdown?

That seems to be intended. I also observed this behaviour some time ago because
with -current the entropy file is written by the rc.shutdown script and if this
is not done at shutdown the next boot will take more time.

Now I use "init 0" for shutdown and "init 6" for reboot.

Regards
--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
ZT IK 3, Siemens CERT        | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166