Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:46:54 -0500
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD emulation <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Matlab-5.3 vs FreeBSD

Hi All-

I was curious if anyone has managed to get the Matlab helpdesk
function to work under emulation without creating /compat/linux/tmp
directory.  I know this to not be a "good thing", but neither is
having beaucoup users asking why the help facility doesn't work :)

Does Matlab 5.3.1 solve this at all?  This feature works just fine
under Matlab 5.2.

Russell Murphy brought this up in an eamil in early June of 1999,
but I haven't heard anything of it since then.

Thanks for any insights.