Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 14:28:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Lui <klui@cup.hp.com>
To:        pete collins <pete@postpagan.com>
Cc:        Markus Holmberg <markush@acc.umu.se>, freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: M16 with FreeBSD 3.2

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, pete collins wrote:
> Markus Holmberg wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 07:43:28PM -0400, pete collins wrote:
> > > Bruce M might be checking this patch in in the next day or so.
> > One has to remember that this is not a fix, it's a work around. It won't
> > protect against future breakages of the same kind (if someone of the
> > numerous mozilla developers names two functions the same again in two
> > different modules).

> Exactly, but it is a harmless work around and it is easy to patch.
>
> But for now, while there are still a lot of 2.3 and 3.3 boxes around it is
> reasonable to maintain this patch.
> That is the main reason i haven't upgraded my 3.2 tinderbox machine here.
> It forces me to stay on top of this know problem.

I applied the patch to the Mozilla M16 source and ran configure
with the --enable-low-fat and --disable-pedantic options but when
I run mozilla, it still dumps core as it did before. I was hoping
to patch the FreeBSD source rather than mozilla. Does anyone have
the files that are needed and their cvs version numbers for FreeBSD
3.4?

Ken