Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:45:07 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1 install via dialup success thanks

I'm delighted to say I've successfully installed 4.1 through a 3.1
firewall to a dial up UK ISP with a 3 hour timeout.  My first install
via network.

#uname -a
=46reeBSD wall.my.domain 4.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jul 27 =
04:44:16
GMT 2000     root@usw4.freebsd.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

I wasn't sure how the install would cope with sudden loss of connection
and a hard reset! But it did well, and it runs.  I'm amazed how quickly
it boots, compared to 3.1.  Must be the ad driver I guess.

Thanks again,
John.