Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:03:45 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@ssc.nsu.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAM

Hi!

I've searched the archives, and finally figured out that not all features
of login.conf(5) working right now!  Hff, I'm a bit relieved, since I
spent several hours trying to make it work!  Why it's not stated in man?
This would save time of lot's of ppl, IMHO ;-)

OK, no the main part.  There are pam.conf and auth.conf files that
supposed to be dealing with PAM stuff.  However, there's no `PAM' word in
Handbook (tried using grep ;-), same with FAQ, and man's are barely
helpful. Moreover, there are no options in rc.conf (except process
accounting, but this is _not_ PAM) that would be related to
authenitification/security/accounting. Under Linux, whenever I log in,
there are always PAM entries in /var/log/messages.  No the case of FreeBSD
though :-(

Where can I read about PAM in FreeBSD?  Is it supported at all in 3.4-R?

./danfe