Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:09:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE 1.1.1 vulnerability

It was pointed out to me that the previous version of KDE (v1.1.1)
contains a local root exploit - KDE 1.1.2 has been available in ports
since September 1999, but in case anyone is still running the old version
in a multi-user environment then you should take steps to upgrade
immediately.

In general, it is sensible to upgrade fairly aggressively with large ports
like KDE because with so much code involved, chances are there are lots of
bug fixes - and one or two security fixes - with each upgrade.

Kris

----