Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:46:47 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        gerti-freebsds@BITart.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inetd -l does not log

Gerd Knops wrote:

> Hi,
>
> man inetd states:
>
>      When given the -l option inetd will log an entry to syslog each time a
>      connection is accepted, noting the service selected and the IP-number of
>      the remote requestor if available.
>
> On my 3.4 stable system no such thing happens if inetd is started with the -l flag.

	It does happen, but by default there is nothing in syslog.conf to log
the daemon facility. That's where it logs if you just just the -l flag.
If you use either of the -w/W flags it logs to the auth facility.

	Someone was supposed to have added a note to the man page to this
effect...

Hope this helps,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"