Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 09:20:17 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        sexton@serasystems.com (Kevin Sexton)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Ware - Drive Failure but no mail!

On 12 Jul 2001 23:44:23 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware you =
wrote:

>-------------------
>3dmd.conf
>-------------------
>
>KEY OmwmsK8lKk2

You should probably change your default password

>-------------------
>
>3dmd starts at boot and I do have a twe0 device in /dev. The web =
interface
>works just dandy. =20
>
>When I yank a drive, I get a message print to the console and the web
>interface also quickly notes I have a failure.  This is great.  My =
problem
>is that the system does NOT e-mail me when I have a drive failure.  The
>really strange thing is that when I use the "Send Test Message" under

Try setting your mail server to 127.0.0.1. Also, bump up the logging in
sendmail and see if sendmail is the one rejecting the connections for
whatever reason.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)