Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:48:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wavelan stumper

OK.  I just spent two hours polling my hair out to find the following
at a friend's house:

I have a Lucent base station model RG-1000 in bridging mode (this was
a hand-me-down).

I have a Oronoco Gold and Oronoco Silver card.

FreeBSD current and FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE.

Two different laptops: Sony VAIO (current) 505TS, IBM Stinkpad A20p.

The only way I can get things to work is if I power on the laptop and
then reboot the base station.  Has anybody seen this before?

BTW, using a Zoom Air (awi0) or Cisco 342 (an0) it just works (at
least on my current box, the 4.1.1 release box has issues with both of
these cards).

Is this due to a brain damaged base station?  Bad firmware in cards?
Space aliens eating BIll Paul's brain while he wrote wi driver?
Something I haven't thought of yet?

Warner