Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:23:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      cyberpunk@euronet.nl
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie question...

hey people,
I'm an incredible newbie,
so I prolly have a stupid question ;)

My pine keeps giving me the following message when I recieve an email,
[Mailbox vulnerable - directory /var/mail must have 1777 protection]

my /var/mail has the following modes:

in/var/mail;
drwxrwxr-x   2 root       mail       512 Apr  1 12:50 ./
drwxr-xr-x  19 root       wheel      512 Mar  6 10:09 ../
-rw-------   1 fruitcake  wheel  1228994 Apr  1 13:06 fruitcake
-rw-------   1 root       wheel   126555 Apr  1 05:30 root

in /var;
drwxrwxr-x   2 root    mail     512 Apr  1 13:07 mail/

whats going on!??!
I'm not getting this..

oh yeah,
and a colleague of mine decided to make a FreeBSD partition on a windoze
machine, and whenever he tries to create the slice, it wont..
It'll keep saying unused, and sometimes just add a flag "A" to it..
he's wondering what the problem is..

Grts,

Fruity aka Esty

--
whatis life
life: nothing appropriate

>> build mind

 checking whether build enviroment is sane
 checking for working makeinfo...found
 checking for mind-config..(cached) no
 checking for brain -version >=1.0.0...no