Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:47:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Ragnar Beer <rbeer@uni-goettingen.de>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Tripwire 2.3 Linux

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Ragnar Beer wrote:

> Is it possible to compile and run the open source version of
> Tripwire 2.3 Linux on FreeBSD?

To get it to compile natively under FreeBSD, there is a (lengthy)
patch.  Check the freebsd-security archives:

  http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=192188+194286+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-security/20010128.freebsd-security

Update:
Over the last few weeks, I've been correspoding with Ron Forrester
who's maintaining the tripwire source now, and the patches for FreeBSD
are being integrated into tripwire's CVS tree as we speak.

-Paul.