Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:52:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FBSD 4.3-STABLE and SMP problems

Hello.

Usually many people join newsgroups, access newsgroups or mailinglists when
the ran into trouble. well I did also this procedure.

But I want to report that since saturday morning, after a new cvsupdate
and the dare to switch back to SMP kernels on our production systems
(servers at our institute) did not reveal any problems (the last time
the SMP problem occured our machine did not survive one night!).

Another problem occured with the Linuxulator the same time went away
after reinstalling the linux_base stuff. No one knows why Linux
emulation showed this misbehaviour ...

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)