Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:28:52 -0700
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, =?iso-8859-15?Q?=D8ystein_Andreassen?= <oystein.andreassen@systec.no>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with MyLex KZPAC PCI RAID controller

> > There are a number of "preferential" behaviours and quirks for broken
> > disks that Mylex built into these controllers, however the major
> > difference is simply that the AXP controllers have no BIOS.
>
> OK. There used to be a time (dim, dark past) where the Mylex-for-Intel
> servers (out of the DEC PC business unit) had newer firmware than the ones fo
> Alpha (out of the Storage Business unit).

This is still the case.  The KZ* controllers are all the old, slow
DAC960PD* family, with the 2.x firmware.  I meant to say simply that the
corresponding firmware revisions between x86 and PC controller families
was roughly the same; you're right though that all the
StorageWorks-for-Alpha controllers are old, slow and crufty to the
extreme.

At any rate; Jeff, let me know if you're still interested in hacking on
the driver, as I can certainly help you out.

Regards,
Mike

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not