Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:34:48 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
Subject:   Splitting the OpenPBS port

Hi all,

Alan Eldridge has an updated port of OpenPBS pretty much ready to go.
Since I was interested in this as well we started discussing it after
his announcement of this on freebsd-ports.  Anyway, one item under
discussion is whether to split up the port into a "server" port and
a "client" slave port.  The server port would install on the cluster
host and include all the tools, pbs_server and pbs_sched.  The client
port would install on nodes and only contain pbs_mom and associated
config.  Note that one could also install the client port on the host
if it was acting as a node as well.

What we'd like to know is whether this is useful to people or not.
So, we'd like to hear what people are doing (especially) or how
they would like the port to operate in this respect.  Basically
should the port be split or should it be a single port as it is
now and pbs_server and pbs_sched just not be started on the nodes?

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com