Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:58:55 +0100
From:      TooManySecrets <toomany@toomany.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Serious problem installing freebsd into a...

Hi!!

My name is Manuel Trujillo, from Spain. First, I will apologize about my
english... sorry :(
Well, I use freebsd since february-2002, and I'm very happy with it. But =
my
problem is now, when I change my pc hardware.
I've a SIS 648 MAX motherboard, whit the SIS648 driver, a Seagate 80Gb at=
a100=20
7200 rpm hard drive, Creative nvidia Ti4400 and a Pentium 4 2'4Mhz with 5=
33=20
fsb.
Well, when I try to install freebsd in it, I obtain this message:

ad0: READ command timeout tag=3D0 serv=3D0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices...

I cleared any conflict into kernel installation with the "configure kerne=
l in
visual mode", but is the same :(
I try something like the "disable pciide" into the openbsd, but don't wor=
correctly. I was read the documentation (handbook), and I looked any clou=
via Google, but my quest was unfruitful.
I'm desesperate, because I don't want to install any other OS (maybe open=
bsd)
and I don't want to install linux. I want FreeBSD.

At this momment, my hard disk is in "master" jumper possition, all cables=
 are=20
right, and with windoze XP all work fine. Only openbsd is capable of inst=
all=20
it into this config, but only making a "disable pciide" into the boot=20
install. NetBSD don't install also because the same problem that freebsd.

I don't want to change my FreeBSD to any other SO, please, help me please=
=2E..

--
(Acentos y enyes han sido omitidos intencionadamente por el uso de un tec=
lado

Have a nice day :-)
TooManySecrets

--=20
(Acentos y enyes han sido omitidos intencionadamente por el uso de un tec=
lado=20
ingles)
Have a nice day :-)
TooManySecrets