Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:42:16 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   usw4 status update

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

Hello everyone!

Sorry I kept you waiting for information about what's going on...

The main LibH development box, as you might know or have noticed, is
dead. Well, not all dead, but it died and some helpful friends
temporarly brought it back to life so we could make backups.

So yes, usw4 is still online, but not for long.

John De Boskey (thanks John!) generously offered access to one box he
manages, so I moved the libh repo there. The box is
rtp1.SlowBlink.COM. I made my first commit to the new machine today,
not without trouble.

First off, rtp1 doesn't have a reverse DNS, so mail will bounce if
send to this mailing list (hub.freebsd.org refuse such mails). So
right now, commitlog mail is not coming through this mailing list.

Second, well, the libh repo was kinda really peculiar on a few things:
it didn't allow commits on anything else than usw4, so I had to do
repo surgery to allow commits to happen on rtp1.

So I have hardcopy backups of libh now, I feel a bit less nervous. :)
Even if all breaks loose again, libh will continue to exist somewhere.

We still don't know what happened to usw4. I suspect a cracker DOS'd
it to death, but it could be anything.

I expect work on libh to take on its normal course pretty soon.

Cheers!

A.

--=20
Imagination is more important than knowledge
                        - Albert Einstein

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA--