Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:58:14 +0200
From:      Fireel <Fireel@xxx.lt>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   MIDI problem on SiS 7012

Good day,

I am having some trouble setting up my midi playback, and I was wondering, if anyone here could help me.

I am using a SiS 7012 built-in sound card and I have it on a FreeBSD-4.6.2-Release. My sound card wasn't supported in previous FreeBSD releases, but now, it seems to work perfectly.

The procedure of setting it up was standart. I added a device pcm line in my kernel and created devices. After these procedures showed no errors(and midi playback failed), I began to wonder what was the problem. It seems that people seldom play midi anymore, but if anyone has ever succeded in this, please, share your experience.

Thank you for your attencion

Fireel