Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 00:09:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Ryan Sutton <ryancsutton@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Free BSD <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NIC cards

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Ryan Sutton wrote:

> I am running 2.2.5 and would like to know if the two NIC's I have in my computer will work with BSD, is there a hardware compatibilty list I can use for a cross reference on NIC's? I am trying to add a 3com Etherlink III 3C5098-C NIC and a Kingston Kne20t NIC, thank you.
>
> Ryan

As I recall there's a HARDWARE.TXT file somewhere in the / directory,
probably in /stand/ or /stand/help.  But if you're connecting to the
Internet, upgrading for the newer security capabilities would be a
good idea (actually installing 4.5 or 4.6 when it comes out in a few
weeks).

	Annelise
--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC