Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:51:20 +0200
From:      "peeter kallas" <peeter.kallas.002@mail.ee>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cryptographic file systems

I'm trying to find cryptographic file system for FreeBSD that suits my needs, but there seems to be very little to choose from. I've found only CFS from the ports collection, but it doesn't support multiple users working on same directory

I have FreeBSD box that is running Samba and acting as file server for several Windows machines. I'd like to secure the files on the server against physical breakin into the office using some sort of cryptographic file system. I envision it so that a user will log in to FreeBSD box using SSH and ether some passphrase/key for part of the file system to become available. After that user should be able to access encrypted files locally or thru a Samba share that points to the encrypted file system part. After some idle time access should be revoked. As it is small group of people it is ok if they share the key/passphrase and if one user enters it, crypted files become available for all

Can anybody suggest something for the job?

-- everyday.com --
Tasuta e-post, SMS-id ja aadressiraamat.