Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:21:42 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
To:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, "" <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>, "" <thomas@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cdda2wav hangs ATAPI CDR

Hello again,

How can I help investigate this bug in atapicam?

Something interesting happened. I wasn't home for a while, and I didn't
reboot the computer since the last time this hang happened.
Now, I noticed this in syslog:

Dec 29 08:48:10 alchemy /kernel: atapicam0: READ_CD command timeout - resetting
Dec 29 08:48:10 alchemy /kernel: ata1: resetting devices .. ad3: DMA limited to
UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or device
Dec 29 08:48:10 alchemy /kernel: done

Now, the CDR is alive again.

So, at least as a workaround, is it possible to trigger atapicam reset
manually? Like atacontrol or camcontrol command?

Thank you very much in advance,

--Roman