Date:      2 Mar 2003 10:12:18 -0000
From:      Matt Mills <matt_mills@btopenworld.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/48831: Grammatical error in ipfw man page

>Number:         48831
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Grammatical error in ipfw man page
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD chronic 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #4: Wed Feb 26 09:58:21 GMT 2003 alpha@chronic:/usr/src/sys/compile/chronic i386

Every recent version of the ipfw man page I've looked at has had this same
(possible) mistake. According to my dictionary, 'legitimate' isn't a verb.

>How-To-Repeat:
Search the ipfw man page for 'legitimate' and you should see the
sentence, "These dynamic rules, which have a limited lifetime,
are checked at the first occurrence of a check-state, keep-state or limit
rule, and are typ-ically used to open the firewall on-demand to legitimate
traffic only."

>Fix:
s/legitimate/legitimize (?)