Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:12:47 -0800
From:      Dan Rench <drench-l-mozilla@dren.ch>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need other datapoint - mozilla doesn't connect

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 03:51:39PM +0100, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> I cvs checked out the mozilla tree today, built and installed.
> But mozilla doesn't do connections. It says:
> [...]

I've been having the same problem, and discussed this a bit
with Christoph in private mail. After some ktrace-ing and
google searching[1], I compiled a new kernel without IPv6
(which I wasn't using anyway), and my Mozilla build runs fine now.

It might be related to Mozilla bug #68796.

This box is a clean install 5.0-RELEASE, BTW.

[1] It sounds like at least one NetBSD user ran into a similar
situation over a year ago:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2001/10/27/0005.html