Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:19:12 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Portable MP3 players

Conrad Sabatier wrote:
> Argggh!  Damn ISP suddenly started blocking outgoing SMTP.  I tried sending
> this several days ago, actually.  Anyway...
>
> -----Fwd: <XFMail.20030615182909.conrads@cox.net>-----
>
> Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:29:09 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
> To: freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
> Subject: Portable MP3 players
>
> Just a curiosity question at the moment:
>
> I was in Radio Shack the other day, and inquired with one of the salesmen
> about their portable MP3 players (neither of them RIOs).  As he explained
> it, once connected to a PC, they appear as a standard external USB storage
> device.  Is this correct?  If so, does that mean one could simply 'cp'
> files over to the device and have them actually work?

That sounds good, although it is possible that you have to install some
windows specific driver to get that to work.

In FreeBSD you're might to have to make a quirk for it (most likely the
no_6_byte quirk in my experiance) unless someone else in FreeBSD land
already bought one of them.

Either way, I'd keep the recipt in case you can't get it to work.

--
   \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
  |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer