Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:14:57 +1000
From:      Rudolph Pereira <memetical@yahoo.com.au>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs locking between current and stable

Hello,
I am attempting to get flock/file locking working between my -stable
(updated ~19 may) nfs file server and -current desktop; the server is
running lockd/statd, and both my mail client (mutt) and a simple perl
program complain that files on the nfs server cannot be locked.
I am aware that
there has been work on the nfs locking code in current, and have a vague
recollection of a workaround required for the situation I am in, but
cannot remember it (and cannot find it in mailing list archives). Would
anyone be so kind as to refresh me on how to fix this, or at least point
me in the right direction?

thanks