Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:44:54 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, pallen@donut.ugcs.caltech.edu
Subject:   Re: groff alternative?

In message: <20050617221313.GV18614@philemon.caltech.edu>
            Paul Allen <pallen@donut.ugcs.caltech.edu> writes:
: (reply-to set to freebsd-chat, this discussion doesn't
: The BSD license reads:
:
: 1) this code is released into the public domain
: 2) this code may not be taken out of the public domain
: (vacuous duplication of #1)
: 3) during redistribution you may not conceal that this code is
: in the public domain (vacuous duplication of #2)
: 4) I declare my opinion that I am not offering something
: which induces liability on myself.  (vacuous duplication of
: #1)

Actually, The BSD license most certainly does not say that.

It says that you can distribute however you want, so long as credit is
given.  The old BSD license adds additional responisbilities such as
including information in your advertising, and a non-endorcement
clause.

The copyright, and therefore the right to license under a different
license, remains with the original author.

Warner