Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:11:53 -0500
From:      Kris Maglione <bsdaemon@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ata_catch_inflight causes boot freeze

On my laptop, while the call to ata_catch_inflight is in
dev/ata/ata-all.c, my laptop freezes at boot, after detecting acd0 and
doing GEOM: Configure for ad0.

I don't mind commenting out the line in my builds, but others shouldn't
have to go through what I did to come to the same conclusion (building
the kernel from various dates and burning it to a FreesBIE CD).

Anyway, I'm not familiar enought with the kernel archetecture to figure
out why the function causes a boot freeze. I only figured out that it
did by reviewing commits between the dates that it worked and the dates
that it didn't. I'm willing to provide whatever information/help that I
can to come up with a more permanent solution.