Date:      Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:51:44 +0100
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@iedowse.com>
To:        SebastienB <sebastien.bourdeauducq@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eagleflash problem on 6.x

In message <200606022153.30197.sebastien.bourdeauducq@gmail.com>, SebastienB wr
ites:
>Hello,
>
>When I run eagleflash (from http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ueagle/) under
>FreeBSD 6.x, the firmware seems properly uploaded and the modem disconnects
>for USB re-enumeration, but it never comes back. It works correctly with
>FreeBSD 5.x.
>
>I think this is a FreeBSD USB bug ; I have reimplemented eagleflash with
>libusb and the problem is the same (and my reimplementation worked out of the
>box under Linux on the same computer). Do you have a fix or workaround ?

Could you provide a full dmesg output including the messages when
the modem is attached? You can also compile a kernel with USB_DEBUG
and turn up the hw.usb sysctls to get more information. If you have
access to different host controllers (ehci/uhci/ohci) it would be
useful to see if the problem is specific to one, for example by
connecting a usb2 capable device through a usb1 hub or connecting
a usb1 device through a usb2 hub (you didn't say whether the device
is usb1 or usb2).

Thanks,

Ian