Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:59:24 -0500
From:      Curtis Villamizar <curtis@occnc.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        curtis@occnc.com
Subject:   diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_7 and FreeBSD 8.0 (RELENG8)

I've compiled RELENG8 a number of times over the last few beta and RC
versions and recently I noticed that diablo doesn't work and therefore
jdk and anything else depending on jdk cant be built.  I'm not using
jave except that I'd like to be able to build textproc/fop again.

The symptom is:

# /usr/local/bin/java
Error: could not find libjava.so
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

Other specifics:

FreeBSD tux.orleans.occnc.com 8.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-PRERELEASE
#0: Sat Nov 14 12:06:32 PST 2009
curtis@tux.orleans.occnc.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/occnc  i386

diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_7

I'm just using two machines running 8.0 for light use and casual
testing so not a big deal for me, but good to get this fixed before
8.0 is announced if it is 8.0 related.

Any hints?  btw- I'm not subcribed so please keep my email on the Cc.

Thanks,

Curtis