Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 2010 01:18:17 +0100
From:      Song Li <lisong@stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Current development status of FreeBSD MIPS and how to contribute?

Hi fellow gurus,

May I ask who are actively involved in porting FreeBSD to MIPS? I am
interested in working on it. May I ask how to contribute to the
FreeBSD MIPS port? I checked the
wiki page http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/mips but do not see much
info there. What's the current plan/timeline? What hardware is it
gonna support in a
near future? Anywhere I can start from? Thanks.

I have some experience working on FreeBSD kernels a few years ago
(probably still FreeBSD 4.x at that time). I also worked with x86 and
(teaching) ARM assmebly before. I have some general knowlege on
assmebly language but limited knowledge on MIPS though. I have also
experience on writing OS (more like at the toy/instructional level
though) and the understanding of all the major concepts OS in general
for sure. Is this good enough to start contributing? Or if not then
any comments where I should catch up? Thanks.

Best,

Song