Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:33:19 -0700
From:      Matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Keyspan PDA-type USB Serial

I have a Xircom PortGear USB->Serial device which is the same as an
Entrega USB->Serial. This device operates (and attaches) with Keyspan
PDA driver for linux, by downloading the appropriate firmware to the device.

We (FreeBSD) used to have support for these sorts of devices via the
ezdownload utility, I think. It is no longer in ports, and does not
compile on current.

Is there a driver for keyspan-pda type devices that I am missing? I have
the actual firmware file the device requires. I know I should go buy a
$6 PL2303-based device, but I hate trashing good hardware (build quality
is excellent).

Thanks!
Matt